Friday, September 28, 2012

Ogham Prayer Beads


Ogham Prayer Beads

I was trying to figure out a way to meditate on the Ogham, the meanings, the aspects, and how to develope them into My everyday life, when I came up with the idea of a prayer necklace. Similar to the Catholic rosary, this one is custom made for the Ogham. Each bead is touched in the process of the following "prayer".

Yes, I do make these sets as special orders for those who wish one, and they include the prayer in a small booklet. Contact me for more information if you are interested.




The Five Sections of the Ogham can be seen as Five Stages of a Spiritual Journey, in a Pentagram of Pentagrams.  Each tree stage has a meaning, as does each set of five:  

I. Beginnings- Beginning of Birch, Magic of Rowan, Protection of Alder, Passage of Willow, Integrity of Ash.
II. Commitments- Hospitality of Oak, Balance of Holly, Wisdom of Hazel, Choice of Apple, Chastity of Hawthorne.
III. Challenges - Direction of Reed, Fate of Blackthorne, Renewal of Elder, Intuition of Vine, Spiral of Ivy.
IV. Achievements - Achievement of Aspen, Eternity of Yew, Vision of Fir, Gathering of Gorse, Healing of Heather.
V. Wisdom - Vastness of Sea, Community of Grove, Delight of Spindle, Secret of Honeysuckle, Knowledge of Beech.

On the Medallion, say the Druid's Prayer:  “Grant to me, O great God & Goddess, thy protection; and in protection, strength; and in strength, understanding; and in understanding, knowledge; and in knowledge the knowledge of justice; and in the knowledge of justice, the love of it; and in the love of it, the love of all existences; and in the love of all existences, the love of You both and all goodness. And then say a prayer of thanks for the spirits of the trees.

I arise today through a mighty strength, the invocation of the sacred grove, through belief in its power, and the power of the Universe, through every aspect of the Divine and the Oneness, of the Lord and Lady of the growing Earth.

I arise today through the strength of the ancient stones, in obedience of the universal laws, in service to my higher power, in hope of enlightenment, in the legacy of the Ancients, in the teachings of the elders, in faith and fellowship of the Earth, in the innocence of the laughter of children, in the deeds of brave men and women.

I arise today through the strength of the heavens, light of the Sun, Splendor of Fire, Speed of Lightening, swiftness of the Wind, depth of the Sea, stability of the Earth, firmness of the Rock.

I arise today through the strength of Ogma’s grove of wisdom:

H Birch to renew me
D Rowan to shield me and mine from all harm
T Alder’s wisdom to guide me
C Willow’s eyes to look before me
Q Ash to activate my will
BHawthorn to defend me
LOak’s power to open the way for me
F Holly to strengthen me in adversity
S Hazel as my inspiration
N Apple to give me sanctuary
M Vine to nourish my body and soul
G Ivy to remind me who I am
P Broom and Reed to bless my body and home
Z Blackthorne as a barrier from danger
R Elder to make me aware of my actions
A Silver Fir and Elm to help me honour the wonders of life
O Gorse to bolster my wild heart
U Heather to guide me into faithful fellowship
E Aspen to awaken my courage
I Yew to protect my mortality
7 the entire Grove to keep me balanced
9 Spindle to remind me of my obligations
0Gooseberry to bless my success
 8Woodbine to reveal the secrets of my book of dreams
6Beech to make me both student and teacher

I summon today all these powers between me and those who would harm me and mine, against any cruel and merciless power that opposes my body and soul, against angry plans of misguided people, against the use of any power invoked out of fear , aggression, or jealousy, against my own misgivings and fears that may cause my own harm.

The Grove before me, the Grove behind me, the Grove in me, the Grove’s roots beneath me, the Grove’s branches above me, the Grove all around me. Goodness in the heart of everyone who thinks of me, goodness in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me, goodness in the eye that sees me, goodness in the ear that hears me.

I arise today through a mighty strength, the invocation of the sacred Grove, through a belief in its power and the power of the Universe, through every aspect of the Divine and the Oneness, and of the Lord and Lady of the growing Earth.
 










No comments:

Post a Comment